Productivity? Pshhhh.Posted: February 9, 2009
1. I am obsessed with petting soft things. I don’t remember when exactly this came to be, but I think it’s a good thing, because it gives me a reason to talk to people I would normally have nothing to say to.
2. I feel the uncontrollable urge to sing “If that’s what you’re into” a lot. However, I have the entirety of “Jenny” memorized if you ever feel like doing a duet with me.
3. I love British television. Actually I love all foreign things. Except foreign things involving mayonnaise.
5. I was a really skinny kid because I hated most foods that were bad for me. Like pancakes, and donuts, and chocolate chip cookies. It wasn’t until I was a teenager that I grew to like them. And then I really liked them. It’s sort of a bummer.
6. I would be a pretty good musician if I could handle practicing. I played the piano for like 5 years and I’ve played the guitar for about that long, but I’m far too lazy. Pretty good at sight reading, though.
7. Working at the movie theater this summer made me love popcorn, and now I miss it.
8. Since I got a Kindle for Christmas, I’ve stopped doing my homework so that I can read more.
9. My hands very often shake uncontrollably–sometimes because I’ve had coffee, sometimes because my body hates me. Also sometimes when I’m stressed my eyelid does this random twitching thing. It’s retarded.
10. I really love driving. I think it’s because it’s the only place where I can sing as loud as I want without having things thrown at me.
11. I like going to the beach more when it’s foggy.
12. I appreciate Jack in the Box tacos far more than they deserve.
13. It was once my goal to completely re-paper my walls with photographs I had taken. I think I got about halfway there.
14. I’m always tired, and no one can figure out why.
15. I hate shopping for clothes, but I could spend hours in the grocery store or in Longs.
16. When I’m procrastinating, I refresh the International Herald Tribune’s homepage. Sometimes I listen to BBC Mundo’s podcasts, too. Yet I’m still not very well informed.
17. When I buy gifts, I only rarely give a single gift. I feel obliged to give multiple, because I freak out and think the first thing I bought wasn’t good enough and the person won’t like it.
18. I’ve always wanted to speak a different language, but I’m too ADD to make it happen. I’ve taken Italian, Russian, and Spanish, and the only one I’m even barely proficient in is Spanish. Speaking of which, we’ve had hella interesting discussions in spanish class the last couple of days. Somehow we ended up talking about homeowner’s associations the other day. And do you know what saltpetre is?
19. Dishonesty kind of freaks me out, because I hate not trusting people.
20. I worry that I’m going through a socially retarded phase right now.
21. I’ve never broken a bone, after countless times being thrown off horses, falling off dirtbikes, and doing other silly things. The worst injury I’ve ever incurred involved a drainage pipe and I was WALKING.
22. Hillary and I spend a lot of time talking about how life would be easier if we just dated each other, but it would never work because she doesn’t smell like a boy.
23. I miss Hey Arnold. I tried to write my college essay about my love for Hey Arnold, but it didn’t quite work out.
24. One of the first things I notice about people is what their hands look like.
25. One of my biggest pet peeves is when people misuse apostrophes, like using the wrong it’s or they’re.